Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us!

no

Invited to join Dropbox Business team for work, but I already have an account using my work email.

New member | Level 2

I just got an invite to join the Dropbox Business team at work, but i am uable to join as my work email is already set up with a basic account. 

How can i join my work team without closing my basic account? 

1 Reply

Re: Invited to join Dropbox Business team for work, but I already have an account using my work emai

Dropboxer

Hi there @KLock2589!

When you are invited to a Business team, the email invitation you receive will show two options: 

1. To join the Business team with your existing account.
  2. To create a new account in order to join the team.

When you join the team you will have a personal folder only accessible to you, and so you can decide what to do with any content you have in the existing account - be that to keep it accessible only to you, or move it to the team content.

Is there any chance you selected the 2nd choice, and then attempted to create an account under the already existing account's email address? 

If not, could you send me a screenshot of the email invitation you received (without any personal information) so that we can look into it further?

Thanks!

Business Admins Support

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Invited to join Dropbox Business team for work, but I already have an account using my work email.
1 Reply
1 Like
Dropbox Design Research
Looking for Dropbox Paper users

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post