Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Invited user unable to log in to business account

Explorer | Level 3

I just signed up for a trial business account, and sent invites to 2 team members. One of them already has an individual DB account, and when she clicks the link from the invite, is not permitted to sign in with the email address I added her under for the trial account. Does this have something to do with her 'other' account (for which she uses a different email address?) I read another thread with this same issue, but when I tried to troubleshoot by sending myself an invite to a personal email address, I was not able to replicate the issue. I have resent the invite several times, but the login page simply does not accept her login credentials.

3 Replies

Re: Invited user unable to log in to business account

Dropboxer
Hey there @ashlynns,

Can you let me know the specific error message that they’re receiving when they try and sign into their Dropbox account when trying to proceed with the invitation?

Since you mentioned that they have another Dropbox account under another email, does the invited email’s Dropbox account perhaps have a paired Business account? If so, can the invited account try unpairing the accounts and try going through the invitation process again?

Let me know what you find - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Explorer | Level 3

Daphne,

The user in question did not have any paired accounts and is still unable to sign in to the business account I have invited her to. Any ideas for my next step troubleshooting? Thanks!

-ashlynn

Dropboxer

Can you let me know if they’re receiving an error message when trying to sign into the account? Are they trying to sign in with a different email address than the one you invited to the team?

Let me know what you find - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Business Admins Support

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Invited user unable to log in to business account
3 Replies
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post