Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

no

Is it possible to change the default save location to Dropbox instead of a different cloud app?

Explorer | Level 3

How do you set up that files in all applications autosave to DB, when i click on the autosave in applicaitons e.g word, its only gives me the OneDrive option to save to

2 Replies

Re: Autosaving

Helpful | Level 5

Just drop them to the dropbox. About microsoft office it is imposible, office work with onedrive, but you can use office file in web version dropbox and open it via office online it give you save to db automatically

Re: Autosaving

Dropboxer
Hey @mandy65, while Aleksandr’s hint should be helpful (i.e. you can save your files in Dropbox), let me briefly add to that pointer that you can add Dropbox as a place if your inquiry pertains to the Microsoft Office Suite. 

From there Mandy, I’m not aware of a global setting that will default the Save location to Dropbox across platforms, however I’d suggest having a look at our app integrations that may come handy in regards to what you have in mind. Additionally, we’re also here in case further assistance is needed in any way; please let us know if that’s what you’re looking for or if you have more questions & it’ll be a pleasure to further clarify matters. Thanks for checking in with us & enjoy the rest of your day!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Business Admins Support

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Is it possible to change the default save location to Dropbox instead of a different cloud app?
2 Replies
1 Like
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post