Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

Merge personal plus account into company business account

Level 2

I would like to merge automatically, meaning moving all my files automatically, my personal plus account registered with a personal email, into my new company business account registered with my company email. How do I do this?

3 Replies

Re: Merge personal plus account into company business account

Super User II

First, change the email address on your personal Dropbox to your business email address. If you're invited to a team on your company email, you wouldn't be able to join it with your personal email.

Once you've changed the email address on your personal account, ask the team admin for the Business account to invite you to the team at your company email. When you accept the invite and join the team, your account will be merged into the Business team and will belong to the company. Your personal account will no longer exist.

Level 2

This is not possible anymore, they already had invited me and I already accepted. So if now I try to change my email it says that it is already taken.

Super User II

Then what you want to do (in the way you want to do it) won't be possible.

Just share a folder between you Buisness and Personal accounts and move everything in your Personal account into the shared folder.

Business Admins Support

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Merge personal plus account into company business account
3 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post