Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

Moved folder not showing up on my computer

Level 2

I moved some folders one at a time from one place in drop box, to another folder within the customer services folder.

We can view them perfectly on drop box but the files on the pc linked with drop box all show as empty.

I moved the folder on drop box by clicking it, selecting move, then clickng the new folder. Please help, its urgent we view these documents. Thank you very much

3 Replies

Re: Moved folder not showing up on my computer

Dropboxer
Hey @Athena888

Just to clarify, are you unable to preview the files from the computer that you moved them from? Could you please check what the Dropbox icon shows when you click on it and send me a screenshot (without personal info) as well?

Thanks in advance!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 2

Hello Lusll 

Thank you very much for your reply.

I wasnt able to pre view them before. I renamed most of the files. 

Then went back to the desk top folders that were linked to dropbox, double clicked on them & it came up with auto sync, then downloaded the documents to the pc in thier correct folders so they open now.

There was 2 other errors,

With regards to scanned images that were emailed & uploaded but did not have a name. When clicked on in the desktop folders, they opened a random web page, not the document. Renaming them also fixed this.

The secound still existing error with only a few files effected has this

name of file files can’t be previewed.
27.12.18 Uxb 2 checklist · 2.9 MB
Open with ▾

Dropboxer
Hi again @Athena888, glad to hear that you were able to resolve your first concern. 

As for the second one, the error that you’re seeing “files can't be previewed”, is because Dropbox doesn't recognize the file type. Although you can preview many file types from the website, this error means that the file type isn’t supported.

However, if you have a third party app that supports this file, you should be able to preview it locally if you download it manually or by opening it from your Dropbox folder. 

Let me know if I’ve misunderstood something or if you have any further queries! grinning face with smiling eyes

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Business Admins Support

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Moved folder not showing up on my computer
3 Replies
2 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post