cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

no

Personal Dropbox Merged with business one URGENT

New member | Level 2

This morning i was sent an invite to a team, and after researchingon dropbox website, i accepted, thinking my personal stuff will remain separate. 

However to my horror, all of my personal files have been transfered over to the Business dropbox. 

How is that even possible? How do I undo this? 

3 Replies

Re: Personal Dropbox Merged with business one URGENT

Dropboxer

Hi @Liza2 - welcome to our Community and happy 2020!

It sounds like instead of a shared folder, you accepted an invite to a Dropbox for Business teams account - correct me if I'm wrong please.

The best way to resolve this at this point would be to reach out to the team's admin and have them convert your account back to an individual, personal one following the steps outlined in the relevant resource.

Let me know if there's anything else you'd like to ask in the meantime. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

New member | Level 2

Correct, and it was not at all clear that my personal files would be uploaded to the business Dropbox. 

Would my personal files become unaccessable to the Dropbox admin after they have been separated? 

Is there a way for Dropbox to undo the merging? I was a paying customer, so i don't understand how this irreversable security issue is even possible?

Dropboxer

Thanks for your speedy response @Liza2!

As this help center article mentions, should the team admin choose to move forward with this, you'll get to keep shared files and folders you had access to before joining the team, and any private files in your account. 

As mentioned, the best way to undo this would be to have the team's admin to convert your account back to an individual one. 

Since you were on a paid subscription before joining the team, you must have received a pro-rated refund for the remaining of your previous (individual) subscription to the payment method you originally used for your payments so you'll need to re-upgrade your account after you convert back to an individual, personal account. 

If you'd like account specific assistance with this, you can go ahead and log a ticket with our team. Rest assured they'll do their best to help with this.

Keep me posted on your progress Liza!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Business Admins Support

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi there,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Personal Dropbox Merged with business one URGENT
3 Replies
0 Likes
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post