Announcements
Can you spare 5 minutes to help us improve our online support experience? Get involved!

yes

Rotating Members in a (Free) Team Folder

Helpful | Level 5

Our club has a free Team Folder which we use for exchanging and updating documents.

1. Our team is the board of this (non-profit) club.
  2. The members are therefore changing.
  3. I need to be able to specify the name (actually the title of the board position) for each Team Member; it makes no sense to associate the e-mail addresses (which represent board positions) with personal names.
  4. When board members are replaced or rotate positions, I need to be able to (re-)send invitations to the e-mail addresses of the changed positions.

How can I accomplish this?

3 Replies

Re: Rotating Members in a (Free) Team Folder

Dropboxer

Hi there @imcz

Let's see what we can find!

Although there isn't a direct way to change usernames - since this would require each user to edit it from their end - you might be able to achieve what you want with groups.

You can find more info about how to create them and manage them here

I hope this helps!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Helpful | Level 5

I already replied to this and don't understand why my reply did not appear here.  Now I am responding to an e-mail invitation to mark the above as a solution.  I found the link to the article https://help.dropbox.com/accounts-billing/settings-sign-in/change-profile-information#name useful, but the reference to groups doesn't help at all.  We are just one group.

I have meanwhile found that the "Invite members" button allows me to use an e-mail address to which I have already sent an invitation, provided the invitation has not yet been accepted (point 4 in my original post).   It is inconvenient that I have to resend the invitations one at a time.  This article says that I should be able to resend all unaccepted invitations from my admin console.  However, I have no "Dashboard" in my sidebar.  Presumably this is because I have a free Team Folder and not a Business Team Folder.  If that is the case, it would help if the article would say so.

As for those board members who have rotated off the board, the new board members now have access to the corresponding e-mail addresses, so I am simply asking them to change the name as appropriate themselves, referring to the article Lusil suggested (point 3 in my original post).

Dropboxer

Glad to hear that you were able to resolve your concern in the end and awesome work on the investigation, @imcz!

If you have any other other questions or you'd like help with anything, please don't hesitate to give us a nudge. 

In the meantime, hope you have a wonderful week ahead!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Business Admins Support

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Rotating Members in a (Free) Team Folder
3 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Dropbox Design Research
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post