Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

yes

Share contents of my private folder with my team

New member | Level 2

I've recently switched my account to Dropbox Business and have added some team members that I want to be able to access all the files in my dropbox.

When switching over from personal to Business it's dumped all existing files into a folder in my namer and none of the team members I've assigned can see or access them.

I want to move all the contents into our main team shared folder called 'Marketing' but when I select all and click on Move it doesn't give me the option to move it there, only other existing and new folders within my private named folder.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

4 Replies

Re: Share contents of my private folder with my team

Dropboxer
Hi there @atdsn

Could you please clarify for me if, when attempting to move a folder from your personal folder to the team space, you’re following these steps:
  1. Navigate to your personal folder.
  2. Find the folder in question you want to move. 
  3. Click on the ellipsis (…). 
  4. From the drop-down menu, select Move. 
  5. A pop-up window should appear giving you, initially, the options to navigate across your personal folder, but you should also see your team’s name, as illustrated below:
Move folder.png
  1. Click on your team’s name and this should take you back to your team’s structure. 
  2. Find the path you want to move your folder into. 
  3. Click Move
Let me know if this helps!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

New member | Level 2

Hi Lusil,

Thanks for the reply, I hadn't seen that file path option so just tried it now with all files and it said "operation not permitted."

Thereis a lot of files so i tried with just a few to see if that made a difference but ut still won't let me move them over... any idea why that might be?

Thanks
atdsn.

New member | Level 2

All sorted now, a couple haven't mpoved over but they're shared folders created by someone else but that's fine. Thanks again for yoyr help slightly smiling face

Dropboxer
Glad to hear that everything seems to be going as planned for you, @atdsn

If you have any other questions in the future or you have any troubles again, don’t hesitate to give us a nudge. In the meantime, have a wonderful day ahead! grinning face

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Business Admins Support

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Share contents of my private folder with my team
4 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post