Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

Sharing Dropbox Business folders with people outside my team

New member | Level 2

When I create a new shared folder I get  a message below the email address that tells me "This person isn't in your dropbox team" and below it says "One or more invitees are outside your dropbox team"  

I have over a hundred shared folders (currently trialling Dropbox Business) which are shared with people not in my dropbox team. 

We need to have a GDPR compliant sharing solution - are the folders shared by me and my other team member which are shared with people *outside* the team GDPR compliant? We will ultimately need at least 300 folders for individuals who volunteer for our organisation but can't justify 300 licences for them all to be on Dropbox Business. We ar a registered UK charity. 

Please clarify - I can't find an answer browsing the site's info. Thanks.

3 Replies

Re: Sharing Dropbox Business folders with people outside my team

Dropboxer

Hey there @NickyH - sorry for the tardy response. How are you today? 

As I wanted to help as much as I can with this and since it's an account specific inquiry, I went ahead and reached out to you via email to the address you use for your Forum's profile. Check your inbox for my email and we'll take it from there! 

Thank you and have a great day! 

PS:In the meantime, you can always take a look at our GDPR Guidance Center. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

New member | Level 2

How is  this (Answer sent to an email) at all helpful to anyone else with this problem?

Super User II

By "email" he means help desk ticket, which is how you receive support for account specific issues. As they will typically involve discussions regarding account details, such topics can't be handled on a public forum.

Open your ticket here: https://dropbox.com/support
Track your ticket here: https://dropbox.zendesk.com

Replies take approximately 1 - 3 business days with Plus, Professional and Business users getting priority (longer for Basic users). If you have a Business account that includes chat and/or phone support, those options are available in your Admin console by clicking Help.

Business Admins Support

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Sharing Dropbox Business folders with people outside my team
3 Replies
2 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post