Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

Syncing to a NAS drive is slow. Any ideas?

Level 4

Hi, 

I have a NAS of 4TB as a member in (the only) Group in a Dropbox Bussiness account. The content of the Dropbox account is almost 3TB, the NAS 4TB.

After downloading for 3 months at a location with a normal/semi-fast internet connection,  less than 1 TB has been downloaded on the NAS drive from Dropbox.

The computerservice company where the NAS is located, has no answer why the dowloading takes so much time.

Please a tip how to I can get the 3TB synced on the NAS drive.

Kind regards,

Rudolf

1 Reply

Re: Slow sync to Nas

Dropboxer
Hey Rudolf (@ruudcor), while the Dropbox app isn't designed to run on a server (i.e. this happens since network file systems do not send messages when files change), this configuration may work if you run the Dropbox app as an application in a user account, instead o.... When Dropbox first starts it will do a deep file scan and will detect changes and sync them. However, during normal operation, Dropbox waits for "file update events" and only physically connected drives send these events.

If the above requirements are met, it may be worth noting that you can adjust your bandwidth to speed up syncing a bit when it comes to files uploaded/ downloaded via the client. 

I hope that this is-even slightly- helpful to you & please do let me know here in case you need further assistance in any way, so as to check back with you asap. Thanks for posting us on our Community & I’m wishing you a fruitful week ahead! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Business Admins Support

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Syncing to a NAS drive is slow. Any ideas?
1 Reply
1 Like
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post