Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

Why do I no longer receive the "warning" dialog when deleting files from my Dropbox folder?

WW4 Level 2
Level 2

Prior to the last update we would receive a warning when delating files

We are up to date and using "Dropbox 73-4-118"

We are  no longer receiving the warning when delating files 

We have reinstalled the version 73-4-118, this has not helped

Is there a setting or option we need to use

Thanks for your help

Tags (1)
1 Reply

Re: "Warning" about deleting Files

Dropboxer
Hey there @WW4,

Just to clarify, the warning that you are referring to, is this dialog box that notifies you deleting files will remove it from all other devices too? Is it possible that at some point you have checked the “Don’t notify me again”? 

When you performed the reinstall can you let me know if you installed the latest version on top of the current software. Otherwise, did you fully uninstall the app, rebooted the device and then installed the current version again? Can you let me know if you see this behaviour over multiple devices or just one?

A step I would like you to try would just be to check your desktop app notifications and also your account notification online, and let me know what you see currently checked there. 

Let me know what you find - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Business Admins Support

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Why do I no longer receive the "warning" dialog when deleting files from my Dropbox folder?
1 Reply
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post