cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I delete a whole team?

How can I delete a whole team?

NILC B.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

How do I delete a Team? Not a team member, a team. I'm the administrator and I cannot find the way in which I can delete a Team that I once created but no longer want.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
If you are a paying Business user, yes.
If you are not then no.

I suggest following the guides on here, or, logging a ticket at www.dropbox.com/support and tracking at http://dropbox.zendesk.com

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

32 Replies 32

NILC B.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Also, Dropbox took the liberty of changing the name of my Dropbox Folder to the name of the Team, and now everything is identified through that one Team name and that is not at all what I wanted.  

O M.2
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Agreed. This is a horrible feature and has caused more problems than solved. Bad move dropbox, you've lost my trust a bit. 

DaveC2
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Delete the other team members, then change the account from team to pro or basic, it will however remain a team account till your paid for time expires, unless you contact support directly. Use the Team admin support chat or team admin phone numbers support to implement this.

The folder rename will not revert, unless you have reverted the account and THEN unlink and relink. You can UNLINK, rename the folder and relink to reduce traffic if need be.

Artzen C.
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I tried out the Dropbox work account settings as per your e-mail promotion...
I have been very happy making "teams" via shared collaboration folders for a long time.
I thought perhaps I would gain some new organizational capability with the new settings...
I was very wrong. My Dropbox account is now dysfunctional and is causing problems.
Why am I asked to open a personal account ??? I've had a smooth operating personal account for years. What has this "new feature" done to my iPad Dropbox ? It never worked all that well before but now I can no longer access my photos or even view my photos as there is a block, again telling me to activate a personal account. I cannot access "photo upload" settings on iPad without the same damn screen popping up RE: opening another personal account. Photo upload is locked OFF on my iPad. My Nexus phone is still working like a charm (Thank God)... I cannot revert my account back to its happy functional self. I cannot delete myself from "teams" or delete teams 😞 I feel that someone in your programming has made a TERRIBLE mistake. Please advise how to remove ALL of this "team" business from my account and let me get back to my own, old, self-made "team" structure that worked. Monday is a workday and my contractors need their links. Dropbox, please advise ASAP. Thank You.

Martin H.23
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Had the same problem, but somehow managed to restore my personal account. I had deleted the team folder that was generated when I created the team under my files. So I went to deleted files (selection at the top right) and restored it. After that went under the team (from the side menu) and clicked leave team. Don't know if this actually was the trigger, but it worked and I was able to restore my personal account.

Theodore M.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Same here. The question is the following: The root directory renamed from dropbox to "dropbox (team name)" does that means that the onwership of all my files get transfered to the team's admin?

Is it possible? Just because I joined a team who invited me for few files? WTF?

Theodore M.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

And if the admin of the team will delete the team then all my files will be gone? WTF again? I'm so worried of all these... and I liked dropbox....I've had a smooth operating personal PRO account for years.  This "new feature" is destroying everything!

DaveC2
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Theodore M.

This isn't a new feature.

YOU have allowed your account to be consumed into a team account.

You should have created a second account and asked for that to be added to their team account. Or had there admin create an account and then supply you the details. From either of those you could have paired your pro account to it and maintained your privacy of files.

If I was you I would also take a backup of your files, either a real one, or just unlink your device, so its current files are not connected to DB.

now...

If your talking a true Business team here then...

I would suggest you generate a gmail account for use as the email of the team account, and ask the team admin to change the email to it. You then create a new account using your old email address and register for pro ,they should have refunded you any outstanding balance on joining the team. (confirmed)

If your talking the adhoc private user teams then...

I would suggest you ask the admin to request Db to un attach your PRO account and return it to as it was. My understanding is these admins dont have the same type of power as a Biz team, in that they cant delete your account, and cant access it, your just a memeber of a loose group team as such. (unconfirmed)

Theodore M.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Thanks for answering. Contacted support to solve it. They need to unlink my account

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Ernesto1 New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
    LeRoy1 New member | Level 2
    Kora Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?