cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to Expired Photo Link

Access to Expired Photo Link

maggiem
New member | Level 2
I recently got some film developed at a local photo developing store. The store emails you a dropbox link through Dropbox Transfer when the scanned photos are available, and I asked them not to keep the negatives so I did not have to pick them up later. I apparently waited too long and once I opened the link to download the photos, it said the link had expired and had only been open for a week. I contacted the company and they are saying there’s nothing they can do as they have wiped all of the photos from their systems and that dropbox has likely done the same at this point. Is there any way I can get renewed access to this link through dropbox or some other way? From my understanding, the files should still be in the link, it is just that I no longer have access to them. Please let me know thanks!
2 Replies 2

Mark
Super User II

Hi

Unfortunately the only people who can help are the store. It maybe that they can recover the files if they were deleted within the past 30 days (see https://help.dropbox.com/files-folders/restore-delete/recover-deleted-files-folders) HOWEVER they have to do that - its not something you or Dropbox support can do.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

sukrith
Dropbox Staff

The creator of the transfer has access in the dropbox.com/transfer/manage page to look at expired transfers and reactivate them.

Screen Shot 2022-07-21 at 1.39.27 PM.png

 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

sukrith Dropbox Staff
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?