cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After update and "migration" no longer can find offline files.

After update and "migration" no longer can find offline files.

tashrobinson
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I have quite a few ofline files. Mostly chaptered audio books, in mp3 format. My audio book player needs to know where they are. The built in player is not good for audio books, it lacks many features. It was working yesterday but after the Dropbox update I received they are gone, or moved from the previous location. They have green checks in Dropbox as offline, though it was frustrating to watch my data as it downloaded all these offline files again. Regardless they say they are available offline, but I can't find them in any search. The only thing I was able to do to continue listening to my current audio book was, export the files one by one... 3 clicks for each file, times 45 files in this one book... Not happy about this update to say the least. Can you tell me where the files are, or is there an easier way to export a whole folder?

11 Replies 11

Boyan M.
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Why would you make the offline files inaccessible through a file browser?! It is beyond me to understand why can't I make my music folder accessible offline and point my music player to that specific folder. It used to be possible, but you deliberately removed that option. Why?

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi @Boyan M., thanks for posting today, I've merged you to this post with similar queries.

The offline file feature only allowed files to be accessed from within the Dropbox mobile app, and not via the file manager.

If this was possible via an Android device, then this was unintended, and the app has been since been updated as such.

As you're interested in this, you could post an idea here for others to vote on, in order for the dev team to look into the option in future!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    Boyan M. Helpful | Level 6
    Daphne Dropbox Staff
    theojk1 Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?