cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: PDF Export

Can I export my Dropbox Paper docs as PDF?

化怪化怪
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Currently beta-testing dropbox paper.

The application integrated some of nice features from Hackpad (e.g. insert table), but still lacked insert link function. Will this be added in the future?

Pdf export is also desired.

21 Replies 21

Tim B.14
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have seen this in firefox, too.  Worked fine when I did it on Safari instead, though the margins were still disgusting and with seemingly no way to fix it to look even half decent on paper.  Relying on the (crappy) browser for formatting is one of the reasons why PDF export is so urgently needed.

I love using paper for editing, but if I can't show my boss the results then it's not going to be useful for very long.

(btw - exporting to docx is useless when you have equations).

foxmouldy
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Is there any update on native PDF export for Dropbox paper?

I know that its possible to print -> save as PDF, but this produces a poorly formated document that doesn't look half as good as the original online Paper document. 

This would make Paper a killer app, in my opinion. I'm quite honestly surprised that a plugin/exporter doesn't already exist. 

behzod
Super User
Go to solution

Hi,

You can download/export your paper documents as MS Word document by clicking on "three dots" on top right. It will open additional settings menu. From that menu choose Download and then pick Word (docx).

MS Word supports saving your file as PDF along with other file formats. Here is couple screens if you need additional help.

Capture.JPG2.JPG

foxmouldy
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Yeah, thanks for the tip. I think that converting to docx is still a half-measure, and still presents the same formatting issues.
My query is more about a _native_ PDF exporter, i.e., something that does not include an unnecessary intermediate step.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution
Dropbox doesn't provide timelines or really any information on what features it may or may not be considering. We likely won't know if they plan on adding native PDF support until they actually add it or announce it.

I'll move this thread to the feature requests area so others can request it as well.

mbushpilot2b
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Yes, this is very nessesary for my company as for right now there is no way to export the paper docs with the captions I added to the pictures! So screenshotting through chrome dev tools is the only way I can capture those captions, because the pdf —> print function very poorly exports any table I might have in the document... very annoying!

cadolphs
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

A current workaround is to export to Markup and then use an online Markup -> PDF converter tool.

However, I too would very much like a PDF export option. The whole point of Dropbox paper is, for me, to not have to use MS Word in the first place...

myriky
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I hope this function is implemented.

If I export docx file, it's too different from what's on the web editor especially on the mac.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey All - thank you for using ( and help improve) Paper!

This sounds like a great idea - having the ability to export Paper docs as PDF files would indeed be very helpful. Thanks for your feedback about this - I am passing your thoughts and ideas along to the Paper team for consideration!

If you have any other ideas or suggestions, please let me know. Thank you! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Ed
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi all

I'm happy to inform you that you can now export Dropbox Paper docs into PDFs! 

You can read more about it here: https://www.dropbox.com/help/paper/export-docs

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Need more support?