cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Decryption fails running iOS 14.2

Decryption fails running iOS 14.2

JohnK2
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

Just updated iPhone and iPad to iOS 14.2. Now, trying to open an encrypted file, it tell me "Decryption Failed. Null" If I open with Excel, it works fine. Anyone else having this issue?

259 Replies 259

roba1702
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I am also having this exact same issue/same error message after upgrading to iOS 14.2

Boozehoundski
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am having the same issue..

Nealwald
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution
Unfortunately iOS 14.3 does not fix this issue.

Martz
Collaborator | Level 9
Go to solution

I was on the phone with an Apple senior support tech doing some password protected file testing and we sort of concluded a couple things:

1. Either Apple will come out with a solution in an upcoming iOS release (guess it wasn't 14.3 from what Nealwald just reported

2. It may not be a bug or an accidental change in that it sorta fits within the direction Apple has been going with their OS releases for either mobile devices or desktop/laptops as it pertains to third party apps/programs.  

I've already made my work around the standard operating procedure for me but I don't use Dropbox like a lot of you do but would encourge you not to wait for an Apple solution :-0

Nealwald
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

It does feel like Apple is going to let this ride as defualt behavior.  To me it is not really a dropbox issue, more of an issue opening any password protected office file on an ios device.  We have also changed our procedures to open in the native app which resolves the issue.  Thanks to Martz and everyone who helped troubleshoot this issue.  Happy Holidays and stay safe.

JohnK2
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

Thanks everyone. Having started this post a number of weeks ago and freaking out that I was unable to open encrypted files at the time, I too believe that Apple is simply trying to force us to use their own apps like "Files" iOS. Using their app works perfectly for all encrypted files. It's really too bad they don't give a hoot about third party app. So be it!

thanks to all.

Deldredg
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I tried opening my excel encrypted file as instructed, but I don't see a blue "open" on the screen. Still not able to access the file?

Chatito
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Bonjour,

J'ai exactement le même problème que Lynnegel et la solution donnée (et que j'ai aussi eu recours), à savoir ouvrir le fichier excel, est fort inconfortable. Ceci depuis la mise à jour de l'Iphone. J'espère que Dropbox va s'adapter à ces nouvelles contraintes d'Apple sinon, on va tous migrer sur d'autres nuages.... 🙂 Ce serait dommage, non?

Chatito
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Oui, moi. C'est très embêtant car c'est un fichier que j'utilise bcp. Seule solution c'est de l'ouvrir avec excel, mais je trouve que ce n'est pas à nous, utilisateur, de subir ces contraintes. Il me semble que Dropbox devrait s'en inquiéter

Martz
Collaborator | Level 9
Go to solution

J'utilise la traduction informatique: -0
Le problème racine n'est pas Dropbox, c'est Apple. Dropbox ne peut rien faire.  Ne vous attendez pas à une solution de Dropbox ou de Microsoft ...De plus, cela pourrait être fait par Apple délibérément, vous devriez donc trouver votre propre solution.  J'espère que vous pouvez lire ceci 🙂

Need more support?