cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I can't open a password-protected Excel file

Decryption fails running iOS 14.2

JohnK2
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

Just updated iPhone and iPad to iOS 14.2. Now, trying to open an encrypted file, it tell me "Decryption Failed. Null" If I open with Excel, it works fine. Anyone else having this issue?

259 Replies 259

JohnK2
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

Can we please get a translation?

Martz
Collaborator | Level 9
Go to solution

Sorry, 🙂  They are saying the exact same thing as the rest of us and they do not like the work around.  I posted that they might as well get used to it because it is not a Dropbox issue and neither Dropbox or Microsoft are going to fix it and for that matter, Apple may not either so find an alternative solution and go with that.  Someone on the Apple forums already posted that 14.3 did not fix it.

Chatito
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Depuis quelque temps  j'ouvre mon fichier protégé par mot de passe avec excel ce qui m'embête profondément. Ce problème je l'ai uniquement lorsque j'utilise mon IPhone (XR). Avec les autres appareils, sous Windows, je n'ai pas ce problème.

Ce n'est pas sûr que Microsoft fasse quelque chose pour régler ça.

Tant que la petite gueguerre qui se livrent les deux géants, Microsoft et Apple, persiste, nous les utilisateurs, allons devoir choisir notre camp pour ne pas avoir à subir de bugs. Ils savent qu'on n'aime pas qu'on nous sorte du petit confort où tout marche bien. La preuve est ce forum où l'on perd notre temps précieux à chercher la petite bête qui ne fonctionne pas. C'est exactement ce que Microsoft ou Apple cherchent: fidéliser le consommateur à une seule marque. C'est dans l'air du temps la polarisation, non?

Martz
Collaborator | Level 9
Go to solution

Nous avons probablement de la chance qu'Apple nous permette même d'installer un produit Microsoft sur un téléphone Apple. Son affaire, ne le prenez pas personnellement 🙂

We are probably lucky that Apple even allows us to install a Microsoft product on an Apple phone. Its business, don't take it personally 🙂

piekeboor
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

my iPad mini5 suffers the same problem. My work around is simply by pressing the blue ‘open’ button. That way an excel app can be downloaded from the store (free).

Chatito
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

You can choose to translate easily with Chrome. There is a banner that appears at the top right, you have to click to translate from French

roba1702
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Le problème c’est même sur les autres nuages comme GoogleDrive ou one Drive ça ne fonctionne pas non plus. Il faut aussi passer par Excel pour ouvrir avec le code.

Martz
Collaborator | Level 9
Go to solution

Correct. C'est un problème causé par Apple. Vous rencontrerez ce problème, quelle que soit la plate-forme sur laquelle vous vous trouvez, à condition d'utiliser un appareil Apple iOS.

Correct. Its an Apple caused issue. You will have this issue no matter what platform you are on provided you are using an Apple iOS device.

pathfinder400
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Any resolution to this yet? I have same problem

JohnK2
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

I take it that you haven't read any of these threads?

Need more support?