cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Decryption fails running iOS 14.2

Decryption fails running iOS 14.2

JohnK2
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

Just updated iPhone and iPad to iOS 14.2. Now, trying to open an encrypted file, it tell me "Decryption Failed. Null" If I open with Excel, it works fine. Anyone else having this issue?

259 Replies 259

wendy6
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

same problem, I don't yet see a fix in the replies?

Jonathan F.3
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
The fix is to open the file with the application (e.g., Word for iOS, Excel for iOS). The password works then. This is not an elegant solution, and hopefully DropBox will update their software to be compatible with the latest Apple operating system.

Nealwald
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution
Jonathan, this is not a Dropbox issue. It is impacting multiple s as apps including Microsoft’s one drive. It appears t hat Apple has changed the way these files steer handled and frankly in don’t believe Tony want to change it. After conversations with Apple support this may now be considered normal behavior. This certainly does not appear to be in the control of third party apps or developers. Maybe if enough people complain to Apple they might return to previous functionality, but I would not hold my breath.

dogmom13
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I continue to have this issue with iOS 14.2 - even after ensuring that all apps are up to date.  Anyone have any current information on this? 

Deacon Art
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
This problem has been going on for weeks. Posts on this forum go unanswered by Dropbox as if nothing is wrong. Disgusting!

JohnK2
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution
Read my lips! It is an Apple problem, not Dropbox! People need to read all the posts. There are workarounds for this issue if you just read!

Guizola
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Some excel files , in my iphone, comes with a new name "original.xlsx" and after enter the password it shows "Descryption failed". The same problem occurs with others excel files. How Ican fix it?

Thank you

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Guizola wrote:

Some excel files , in my iphone, comes with a new name "original.xlsx" and after enter the password it shows "Descryption failed". The same problem occurs with others excel files. How Ican fix it?

This is not a Dropbox issue. It's caused by the iOS 14.2 update that was released recently.

Guizola
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

yes, I do. Thank you.

Sorenj
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Apple (and Dropbox) still gets "Decryption Failed" on iOS 14.3 password protected files.  If Apple doesn't fix "their" problem, will there be a Dropbox fix or work around? Until then, open the document in MS app on you device. That works!

Need more support?