cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Decryption fails running iOS 14.2

Decryption fails running iOS 14.2

JohnK2
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

Just updated iPhone and iPad to iOS 14.2. Now, trying to open an encrypted file, it tell me "Decryption Failed. Null" If I open with Excel, it works fine. Anyone else having this issue?

259 Replies 259

TimmyD59
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

i have same issue - only mechanism I find that works is to use the (open) button at bottom middle of iphone screen and that opens with excel and i can input password.  The error seems to have something to do with IOS 14.x (I'm on IOS 14.3), dropbox and MS apps....

CEBR
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

If you read the thread, that method (open from Dropbox into Word or Excel) is the only go-around available at this time until it seems Apple wishes to fix the IOS issue.

Simon-m
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thanks - this works fine

GAHiker
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have the same issue as all who have posted. Work-around works.

RS170
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Good Afternoon community,

Please can anyone tell me if DB has fixed this problem in collaboration with Apple / MS yet? It still appears to be impossible to add a password to an MS Word Document then get it to open on the phone app. Mac OS seems to be just fine as previously stated by original  poster (John). 

DB56
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Everyone is talking about Excel but I don't have ANY saved Excel files in Dropbox, only WORD files.

The problem only appears on my phone iPhone 11, NOT my computer. Dropbox.

I have not found a useful thread about this issue yet and do not understand some of the remarks people are saying, they are obviously more computer techno savvy than me.

Some people talk about resaving WORD files but how do I do that on my phone if I can't open the file? Do I go into my computer Dropbox and resave all the WORD files in Dropbox to something else. Most are saved as .docx, what I should I try and resave them as?

Do I do this on my computer Dropbox?

Like I say, most of the remarks are not helpful for me.

brucedstout
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Select the Word file you want to open. A screen will appear with a field for that document’s password. Leave the password field blank and select, at the bottom of that screen, the icon that is a small square with a line from its center to its upper right corner. A new screen will appear with a password field. Enter your password in that field and your Word document will open.

DB56
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Right I have installed WORD on my iphone 11 then I have gone into my Dropbox on my PC and re-saved all the WORD docs to Word .docx as some were Macro enabled. Now they all have the Word application on the bottom of the screen when I open Dropbox on my phone so I can finally open all the WORD files this way. Thank you people for your help!

Nealwald
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution
Yes you must have iOS word of iOS office installed on your phone. It should work fine.

eyal bl
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

hi,

can you show which square you mean?

Need more support?