cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Decryption fails running iOS 14.2

Decryption fails running iOS 14.2

JohnK2
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

Just updated iPhone and iPad to iOS 14.2. Now, trying to open an encrypted file, it tell me "Decryption Failed. Null" If I open with Excel, it works fine. Anyone else having this issue?

259 Replies 259

eyal bl
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

found it. it workes. thanks

RRB74
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I am having exactly the same problem and cannot open password protected files either in Word or Excel. Since upgrading to IOS 14.2 I get the Decryption failed (null) message. I have contacted both Apple and Dropbox Support - they both tell me it is not their fault! Where do I go from here to resolve this problem?

Nealwald
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution
Please read the thread, you will find an easy workaround.

Stephen_NY
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

It's a bit troubling that Apple just did an iOS update (14.3).  I downloaded it onto both my iPad and iPhone.  But it didn't fix the problem with opening password-protected documents on DropBox.  WTF?  It also makes me wonder whether DropBox communicatred with Apple about the problem.  Aargghhh...  I had expected an update would resolve the issue.  Ah well.  We will continue to have to do the workaround in the meantime.  PLEASE DropBox admin... speak with Apple about the problem!

Psurret
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I also have the same problem, has anyone resolved it?

Psurret
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have the same issue, did you manage to resolve it?

digitalsimo
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Since 2 weeks I am no longer able to open excel files (most of them on dropbox from years) protected with password from the mobile app.

Dropbox prompt me the "insert password form", but when type it the result is "decryption failed (null)". The same files are easily accessible and readable both on pcs and macs, with the same password...

How can I solve this matter?

Thank you so much

cc14
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I have excel on my iphone, but I can't seem to open the protected .xlxs file from dropbox using excel.  How can I do this to avoid the decyrption error?

Nealwald
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution
Ok everyone. It appears this issue is resolved on iOS 14.4. Have a nice day.

ltx
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Hi, I can confirm the iOS 14.4 update fixed the Dropbox password issue too, just updated. You should update for the important iOS security patches too! Many thanks for the heads up Nealwald!
Need more support?