cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Downloading from a Dropbox Link sent by email

Downloading from a Dropbox Link sent by email

bob2075
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

A business sent me an email with a link to a file in Dropbox. When I clicked on the link in the email, a new tab opened on my browser - Transfer - Dropbox. After a few seconds of handshaking messages in the lower left of the screen, everything stops on a blank white screen. I thought 'Maybe I need to have Dropbox installed on my laptop.' Done that. Go to dropbox.com and access Transfer, then Download. I opened dropbox.com, opened Transfer. No download option, only upload. Been chasing Help and Forum for a while, no joy.

Help, please

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris_J
Super User
Go to solution

Hello Bob

Thanks for reaching out here to the Community.  

You might consider trying a different browser to see if its a browser issue.

also It is possible that the link was incorrect when they send it.  You might consider in the meantime, requesting the files from them,using Dropbox File Request feature:

https://help.dropbox.com/share/create-file-request 

Hopes this helps

-------------------------

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Likes would be super.  Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Chris_J
Super User
Go to solution

Hello Bob

Thanks for reaching out here to the Community.  

You might consider trying a different browser to see if its a browser issue.

also It is possible that the link was incorrect when they send it.  You might consider in the meantime, requesting the files from them,using Dropbox File Request feature:

https://help.dropbox.com/share/create-file-request 

Hopes this helps

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Likes would be super.  Thanks!

bob2075
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

It ended up being a download speed problem over a dodgy link (dropouts and other poor signal quality issues). both solutions proposed worked once I moved to a better location. This is a local problem for any upload/download for files of moderate to large size. some small files strike it lucky and get through on one or two tries. Live streaming does not work either, so I'm told. Glad I was just visiting. Was a very unhappy novice dropboxer when confronted with the problem, but now liking it more!

Chris_J
Super User
Go to solution

Thanks, Bob

Thanks for replying back and letting us know your situation this would undoubtedly help somebody else who may have the same issue and even provide ways to troubleshoot network issues.

I'm glad that it works out well for you.

Happy Dropboxing

Need more support?