cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to make sure we keep you updated on the ideas that other users have shared here on the Community? Us too! Check them out over here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask
Reply and help

Dropbox backup on 2 external hard disks

Dropbox backup on 2 external hard disks

Fabiobox
New member | Level 2

Hi
I have a dropbox business account with 12 terabytes, and I would need to have a physical copy of all my files in local, so i can have a backup and i can have all files ready to use locally. I have a dock station with 2 hard drives, and I have a studio computer connected only to the dropbox that syncs all the dropbox files to one of these hard drives, the problem is that this hard drive is now full and I would like to use the second one as well. How can I have the dropbox synced on 2 different hard drives? I could create a RAID between the 2 hard drives, but I have read so many negative opinions. is there a way to have the dropbox split to 2 hard disks (some folders in the first HD and some folders in the second one)?

I know that the best solution is a NAS system, but i would have something cheaper and use these hard disks that i already have.

Thank you

1 Reply 1

Re: Dropbox backup on 2 external hard disks

Megan
Dropboxer

Hey @Fabiobox, I'd be happy to answer this for you! 

Essentially, you can't do that. You can't split your content into multiple hard drives, I'm afraid. 

Although RAID and a NAS system would be two alternatives to achieve that you mentioned, there are indeed things you need to consider before doing that. 

I hope that clarifies. 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?