cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Export Option Unavailable

Export Option Unavailable

Colin Macdonald
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

No Export Option

Hi. Up until a week ago, I always had the 'Export' option when clicking on the ... ellipse at top right hand corner of an opened Dropbox file on my iPad and iPhone. I like to export files to iBooks so I can read then from either device.

There is simply no 'Export' option able to seen or selected anymore. I have installed the latest ios software updates on both devices and have uninstalled then reinstalled the Dropbox app itself on both devices but no luck. 

Any advice on how to get the 'Export' option back, please?

13 Replies 13

Colin Macdonald
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi. I'm just another relatively inexpert user, but my problem with this got 'fixed' on my iPad by finding out (or having it pointed out) that on there is a 'Share' option which, when clicked on, 'should' then open up a few sub-options, one of which is is Export.

I can't use DropBox on my iPhone as I already use DropBox on 3 other devices and that's the maximum a basic DropBox (not paying anything) user can have. However, I can still copy files from my iPad to my iPhone (a 4th device in effect) by using the 'AirDrop' facility which works flawlessly each time for me. Good luck!

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @CDesigns!

If you locate one of your .mp4 files and click on the button with the 3 dots next to it, do you see another option saying “Save video” perhaps? 

If you don’t mind, you can also send me a screenshot with all the options you see, and I’ll have a look, as well.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

ChillyMadison
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I'm running across a similar issue where I have a folder of mp3's I want to put on my phone.   I select the "Share" drop down from the folder and there is no export option.   When I open the folder and select each file individually though, it does appear.  Is there a way to export the whole folder without having to click to export  each file in the folder?  

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@ChillyMadison wrote:

Is there a way to export the whole folder without having to click to export  each file in the folder?  

No, you can't export an entire folder at once. You need to export each file separately.

Need more support?