cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Can't Be Previewed or Downloaded

File Can't Be Previewed or Downloaded

nicolevilardi
New member | Level 2

I uploaded about 8,000 photos from my camera roll to drop box about a month ago to free up some space on my phone. I haven't had a problem all my photos and videos were able to be viewed, until today. I went on to find a specific photo and I noticed a good majority of my files say they cannot be previewed. I tried to download the files and it says the file may be corrupt to try another way. I have been searching for different solutions for about an hour, tried different browsers, looked at all the things dropbox recommends but nothing is working. I have files I can preview from 2006 to 2019 but all of my files from 2020 on cannot be previewed. W T F I need help. This is extremely frustrating. I pay for this every month I want my photos to be protected and to be able to ACTUALLY VIEW/DOWNLOAD THEM. Has this happened to anyone else? Were you able to fix it? Does anyone have any recommendations? Please help!! 

1 Reply 1

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @nicolevilardi, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Do you have the Dropbox desktop application installed?

Have the files synced down to your machine previously, and can they be previewed from Explorer/Finder?

This will help me to assist further.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?