cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Is Dropbox on mobile slow and fails often on you?

Is Dropbox on mobile slow and fails often on you?

ElaM
Dropbox Product Manager
Hey everyone! My name is Ela and I’m a Product Lead at Dropbox. My team is looking to make Dropbox fast and responsive so that you can speed up actions and workflows without running into errors or failures using it. I’m looking to hear about your experience when using Dropbox on mobile.

Particularly,
  • What parts of Dropbox feels very slow to you and takes a lot of time to get done? What are you trying to do in the Dropbox mobile application when you experience slowness?
  • What are you trying to do in Dropbox mobile when you run into failures or errors? Please explain in detail.
  • Are you running Dropbox on an iOS or Android application?

Your inputs will help us make our product experience better. If you want to collaborate with us to shape up our product, please write “I’m ok for Dropbox to contact me by email” when you answer and we will reach out. Thank you!
14 Replies 14

RicBret
Helpful | Level 6

I’m ok for Dropbox to contact me by email, providing it is done in an obvious manner that references this inquiry. Otherwise you'll get blocked.

ElaM
Dropbox Product Manager

Thank you @Mark  - will reach out via email soon 🙌

ElaM
Dropbox Product Manager

Hello @RicBret,

Thanks for your reply. Yes - I will reach out via email only to talk about your experiences with slowness and failures when using Dropbox in mobile. Looking forward to hear your feedback 🙏

ElaM
Dropbox Product Manager

Hi @David36284739

Thanks for your feedback. Can you please help me understand your scenario in detail:
- Are you uploading photos manually or directly from your camera?

- Do you experience slowness only when browsing photos? Are there any other features that aren't fast?

Your feedback on delayed loading of photo’s thumbnail is great - I will take it back to my team and investigate. 

David36284739
Helpful | Level 5
Thanks for getting back to me! The photos are synced using the Dropbox app. I have my entire digital photo library synced on Dropbox.

The slowness only happens when I tried to browse the photos and it seems to have gotten better on chromebooks using the android Dropbox app. On my iPhone it’s a bit faster so it’s more acceptable.
Need more support?