cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Dropbox on web slow and fails often on you?

Is Dropbox on web slow and fails often on you?

ElaM
Dropbox Product Manager
Hey everyone! My name is Ela and I’m a Product Lead at Dropbox. My team is looking to make Dropbox fast and responsive so that you can speed up actions and workflows without running into errors or failures using it. I’m looking to hear about your experience when using Dropbox in a web browser.

Particularly,
  • What parts of Dropbox feels very slow to you and takes a lot of time to get done? What are you trying to do in the Dropbox web browser when you experience slowness?
  • What are you trying to do in Dropbox web application when you run into failures or errors? Please explain in detail.
  • What type of browser are you running Dropbox on?

Your inputs will help us make our product experience better. If you want to collaborate with us to shape up our product, please write “I’m ok for Dropbox to contact me by email” when you answer and we will reach out. Thank you!
3 Replies 3

mikehinford
Explorer | Level 3
An aspect that I find slow, is when I'm trying to delete files that are taking up space.
You can select Show Size in the drop down, but then when you go into a folder you then have to select it again on all folders. It's very time consuming.

ElaM
Dropbox Product Manager

Hi @mikehinford, do you experience slowness only when deleting large files in Dropbox for web? Is it not the same behavior for small files? It looks like you try to sort files by size to free up space and once you navigate to the folder view, the files are no longer sorted by size and you have to do everything again. Correct?

mikehinford
Explorer | Level 3

Yes that's correct. It's not really Dropbox being slow. It's the finding the folder size process being slow. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

mikehinford Explorer | Level 3
    ElaM Dropbox Product Manager
What do Dropbox user levels mean?