cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make the downloaded .csv activity report useable

Make the downloaded .csv activity report useable

Glen M.14
Explorer | Level 3

The current format of the .csv activity report contains so much metadata as to render it virtually unusable. The website version by comparison does not contain metadata and so there is an obvious discrepancy in developer effort there. The information in these reports, particularly those used for security purposes and given to non-technical users, should not be effectively occluded by spurious metadata. I cannot fathom how it was thought acceptable to release these reports in their current form. Priority should be given to making them as readable as those on the website.

2 Replies 2

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Glen M.14, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

We appreciate all feedback when it comes to the Dropbox service.

As the information could be useful to some power users, the full activity logs are important.

It should be possible, once the file is downloaded, to remove the unnecessary columns and keep only the relevant information for your requirements in your spreadsheet program.

If you have any further queries, feel free to message back.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Glen M.14
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Jay,

I am quite aware that I could remove columns if I wish. The problem I’m referring to is not what columns of information are included in the report. The problem is what is actually in the columns that need to be included for the reports to be of any use. Have you actually looked at this report? Because from your reply, I seriously doubt that you have.

If, as you say, “power users” need all the information in this report, how come it isn’t included in the web version of the report?

GAM

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Glen M.14 Explorer | Level 3
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?