cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Music won’t play in background

Music won’t play in background

IdleKing86
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I got the latest iPhone update last night and today Dropbox won’t play music while I’m in other apps or lock the phone. It’s always run in the background up until now. Haven’t been able to find a solution online yet.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

IdleKing86
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
G’day Hannah,

Thanks so much for replying! The issue had resolved itself by the following day so I think it might’ve just been a bug in the new update.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

IdleKing86
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I’ve just realised it also won’t play if my phone is on silent mode even though it always used to just fine.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @IdleKing86, thanks for reaching out to our Community!

I just tested this on my end, and I'm not having any issues playing audio files in the background, or with the phone locked.

Would you mind clearing the cache of the Dropbox app from the app's settings and restarting it, to see if that helps?

Let me know how it goes.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

IdleKing86
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
G’day Hannah,

Thanks so much for replying! The issue had resolved itself by the following day so I think it might’ve just been a bug in the new update.
Need more support?