cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Opening files automatically in Premiere (with Monterey)

Opening files automatically in Premiere (with Monterey)

tinch77
Explorer | Level 4

I've just updated my system to Monterey and I'm having a problem with my old workflow. I used to open projects in Premiere and the app would find and synchronize automatically every file I needed from dropbox. Now the files I don't have at hand look all like OFFLINE, and If I try to link them one by one, it doesn't download them and send me an error message. 
I've read this link https://help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/desktop/macos-12-monterey-support about some issues with third-party applications, could this mean that I can't work anymore as I was doing before? 
I hope there is some workaround for this, or maybe I've configurated something wrong in my own computer.

Thanks.

6 Replies 6

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hey @tinch77, welcome to our forum!

Just to clarify, are you seeing a grey cloud icon next to the files in question or a green checkmark instead (meaning that they’re available offline)? 

If you prefer, you can also attach a screenshot in this thread. 

Let me know when you have more updates.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

tinch77
Explorer | Level 4

Hello Nancy, thanks for your reply.

The problem is with ONLY_ONLINE files, not the ones I've got available offline. There's this dropbox of work with lots of information. Before, every time I  opened a new project, I would just have to locate the files and Premiere/Dropbox would automatically synchronize them. It would take some time but it worked. Now when I locate the file, Premiere fails at importing it with the classic "generic error".

Best!

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Sorry to jump in here, @tinch77.

This does sound like it has to do with our support for macOS 12.3, which is something we're still working on.

You should be able to make your files available offline and then open them in Premiere without an issue, though.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

tinch77
Explorer | Level 4

Oh, I see, I was afraid of exactly that. 

Hope you can find a workaround soon! Thanks for your time! 🙂

Best!

Rubbersquare
New member | Level 2

Unfortunately I have encountered an issue now where an online-only file, once synced back to the computer will give an error when trying to link it back to Premiere (and InDesign). The only way around it is to copy the files to my desktop and link from there. PLEASE fix this.

Nicodaemus
New member | Level 2

I have the same issue where online-only files, once reconnected as offline BEFORE I link them still gives me a generic error. Only fixable with deleting the media cache entirely. This is unacceptable. I work on large projects and deleting current caches seriously slows my workflow down as every single clip needs to be re-indexed by Premiere. 

This problem existed in Monterey and now in Ventura without a remedy. This means it's been over a year and still nothing. Beyond frustrating.

Need more support?