cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Not happy with your Spotify Wrapped? Check out how Kevin on the Dropbox team used Paper to make sure he keeps discovering new music over here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask
Reply and help

Re: Option to open Excel file directly in Excel Online (skipping preview page)

Option to open Excel file directly in Excel Online (skipping preview page)

og_mbishop
Explorer | Level 4

This is assuming Dropbox is connected with Microsoft Office 365. We'd encourage users of our Excel Online add-in to integrate with Dropbox instead of OneDrive if it weren't for the unhelpful in-between preview-page step in the web browser.

2 Replies 2

Stefanie
Dropboxer

Hey! Thanks so much for your feedback. Just to make sure I understand this correctly, would you please let me know which situation applies to your users?:

a) They are on www.dropbox.com and would like to open Office files in Office Online. In order to do so, you'd like them to be able to skip the file preview and open the files directly from the web file browser in Office Online. If so, we thank you for your feedback and will consider this for further iterations of our web app.

b) They are on www.office.com and would like to open Office files stored in Dropbox. Please note that this is possible if you add Dropbox as a Place in Office 365.

I hope this helps.

og_mbishop
Explorer | Level 4

Situation A is exactly right. Thanks for your consideration.

Need more support?