cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: PSD thumbnails are not displaying

PSD thumbnails are not displaying

jpeterka
Explorer | Level 3

Dropbox enables me to see my Tiff photos.  However, I cannot see my PSD photos.  There are no thumbnails for the PSD files.

22 Replies 22

jpeterka
Explorer | Level 3

Jay,

Thank you for your reply.

I read that Dropbox acquired an organization that provides Zero Knowledge Encryption.  According to the article, the author stated we had to wait to learn which plans might include that feature.  Do you know if Zero Knowledge Encryption will be installed in all products?  If not, which plans will have it?

Thank you.

jpeterka
Explorer | Level 3
Hi Katie,

Thank you for your wisdom.

I have previously sent Dropbox information and continued to do so until I finally decided that technicians either did not see the information sent or frankly did not care. At this point, I only hope that other customers are not affected by the same conditions. I have decided to use a Dropbox competitor that can preview my PSD files. In addition, I do not have to wait on them to install zero knowledge encryption.

For the record (and redundancy), the PSD file in question was generated using a Fujifilm X-T4, a 26MP camera. I used the X-T4 to digitize 35mm slides. After I placed the Fujifilm raw, RAF, file in photoshop, photoshop produced a 148.57 MB PSD file. I checked and then actually resaved the PSD file using the previously recommended checked block for “Maximize Compatibility”. The saved PSD file could not be previewed in Dropbox.

This insanity has lasted a month. Each person that takes over the tickets consistently had me repeat steps in a process. My recommendation, for no more than it might be worth, is for Dropbox to test PSD files against their published guidelines. I suspect Adobe has more insight to the limits than perhaps internal people at Dropbox.

Good luck! I am done with Dropbox, so please either close my ticket or do some testing that might benefit others that find themselves in similar positions.

Kind regards,

John Peterka

jpeterka
Explorer | Level 3

How is it that Dropbox can preview (Grid mode display) a 159.04 MB TIF but cannot preview a 148.57 MB PSD?  According to your published information Dropbox can preview PSD's up to 50MP or 1024 MB's.

Need more support?