cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Some of my .pdf files appear blurry when I'm viewing those on my account online. Why?

Some of my .pdf files appear blurry when I'm viewing those on my account online. Why?

betazero
Helpful | Level 6

Any file in my own dropbox is blurry when I click on it thru the website. Same when I send a Dropbox link. This did NOT used to be like this. Is there a fix? It basically makes viewing any file thru the website version of dropbox useless. You have to download the file to read it. This is creating a lot of problems for me. I share links to files and clients are used to viewing thru the web browser (so is my boss).

19 Replies 19

martinlastname
Explorer | Level 4

I tried Chrome incognito, Edge, Edge Private, Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Firefox Private, and Safari on iPadOS (the others were all Windows 10). Only Chrome had any extensions installed, none of which have anything to do with PDFs or Dropbox to my knowledge. The included screenshots are for Edge Private and Firefox Private respectively, and are representative of the whole. 

Annotation 2020-05-27 090724.png

Annotation 2020-05-27 090937.png

Lusil
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for your swift reply, @martinlastname

Hmm. :thinking: Have you also tried re-uploading the .pdf either through the website or the desktop app?

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

user19
New member | Level 2

Hi Lusil - I have the same issue and it persists across upload options (drag and drop, upload button, etc.) on both web and desktop app. Any update on a solution? 

Lusil
Dropbox Staff

Hi @user19, thanks for posting your question on the Dropbox Community, and sorry to hear that you're also having trouble with this. 

Just for troubleshooting purposes, have you also by any chance downloaded a .pdf and previewed it with a third party app?

If the issue persists, could you have a look at our Support page and check to see your options to contacting our team?

Let me know how it goes, thanks!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Adobe
Helpful | Level 5

i figured out why that happens.

you ready?

the page is too long / dense. 

dropbox must think:

'if its that complex, it must be huge,

i'd better optimize for viewing'.

ph26
New member | Level 2

I've read through the comments. It doesn't appear this issue has been solved. I passed a pdf to a client the other day. Not good that the file is blurry and not legible. What's happening with troubleshooting this Dropbox? Please advise.

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @ph26, does the PDF appear blurry when the file is downloaded to the machine?

Have you tried increasing the zoom level to 100% when viewing it on the site?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Adobe
Helpful | Level 5

Not the issue. Zooming is still blurry.
All is good if you download it.

The point is that people you want people who do not have PDF viewers
to be able to still view it in their browser from the link.

Please see my previous comment.

lorenpolster
New member | Level 2

I'm having the same issue and definitely need a fix. We use Dropbox for everything and would need to switch if this issue is not solved. I had a file that was 1.5 mb but long and illegibly blurry. 

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for nudging us on this thread, @lorenpolster, and sorry to hear that you're also having trouble with this.

Is the preview coming up blurry regardless of the browser you use?

How about when you download the file locally and open it with a third party app?

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?