cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: iOS App crashes

The mobile app on iOS crashes - what can I do?

MJVo
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

My Dropbox App Crashs within seconds of opening it. Latest iOS version and App updates installed. No specific files related. Problem appears only on my iPhone. Works properly on an iPad.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Have you tried to delete the app, restart the device and reinstall?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Have you tried to delete the app, restart the device and reinstall?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Yubran Arellano
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Like @ said. Try to un install, or use another application to unistall dropbox and its residual files. Some times other files are left in the system and makes conflicts with new files to be installed. 

MJVo
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Good idea. Should have tried that already. Appears to have worked. Thank you.

shauntucker
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have this same issue on both my iPhone and my iPad Air, both fastest iOS.  Have done all the delete/reboot/replace but still crashes shortly after opening.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @shauntucker, I hope you’re doing well. 

Prior to reinstalling the Dropbox app on your mobile device, did you also clear its cache via the app settings?

If yes, can you also send the app versions that your app is running on both of your devices?

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

shauntucker
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

The app doesn't even stay open long enough to access anything.  It's open for about 1 second, then crashes and closes.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hmm, I see. 

What are the app versions that your Dropbox app is running on both of your devices? 

I’ll check what else we can try, since the issue persists.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

shauntucker
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I believe it's the latest version of the app, as I have deleted and reinstalled.  I'm running iOS 15.5.  I found that on my iPhone, if I tap on my one video file immediately as the app opens, like within the first second, it will open that video, but if I go back to home, it crashes again. I'm not able to do this on my iPad however.

This crashing seems to happen with something like files loading.  The message corresponds to the crashing and happens very fast.  It says "See files from your computer here, Tap to set up Dropbox on your computer.

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @shauntucker, is this occurring with any files you're trying to open? Are you connected to WiFi or cellular data when doing so?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?