cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox on iPhone account

The mobile app on iOS crashes - what can I do?

MJVo
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

My Dropbox App Crashs within seconds of opening it. Latest iOS version and App updates installed. No specific files related. Problem appears only on my iPhone. Works properly on an iPad.

15 Replies 15

Seanmic808
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
After updating the app now crashes as soon as I open it. Please fix asap with a new update. I usually access my files from here when at work

Eddie_Boon
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I have the same problem with the latest Dropbox v320.3 and latest iOS 16.3.1. Support told me to clear cache, uninstall and reinstall again. But it didn't work and continue to freeze. Very annoying.

In my case, whenever I switch away from Dropbox and then coma back, it will freeze. For example, try doing this:

1. Launch Dropbox in iOS.

2. Browse the folders and open any file (eg, a pdf).

3. Switch to other iOS app.

4. Go back to Dropbox. It will work for a very brief moment, then it will freeze.

5. Have to terminate the app and launch Dropbox again.

Not cool, but just have to terminate and start Dropbox and navigate to what I was doing. 😞

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@Seanmic808, can you please send me the OS version of your mobile device, as well as the app version of your Dropbox app?

@Eddie_Boon, I’d like you to send me the ticket number from your convo with our support team, and I’ll be glad to have a look.

Thanks! 

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Seanmic808
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
So I have the most updated iOS 16.3.1. I noticed Dropbox released another update later during the same day so it works fine now. Though a continual problem I have is when I exit the app without closing it, when I reopen, the app freezes and has to be restarted.

Eddie_Boon
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I just cleared the cache, removed all offline files, terminate the app and restart. So far it's no longer freezing! Will observe for a while and highlight again f it still freezes. 😊

Eddie_Boon
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I shoud be clearer. I upgraded to Dropbox v320.3 and latest iOS 16.3.1. Then I cleared the Dropbox cache, removed all offline files, terminate the Dropbox app and restart the Dropbox app. So far it's no longer freezing! Will observe for a while and highlight again if the problem resurfaces. 

Eddie_Boon_0-1679038772772.png

Need more support?