cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very slow opening files and folder

Very slow opening files and folder

alecot18
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi everyone, I'm using Dropbox (firmware n. 166.3.2831) on my gaming laptop running Windows 11. Everything run smoothly until some days ago, when Dropbox suddenly became very slow when clicking to open folder or file: it takes MANY seconds (10-15 seconds at least). This causes a huge slowdown in the user experience, I can't even work in these circumstances.
Of course this is a problem related to the Dropbox folder only, local folders run as smooth as they should.
How can I fix that? Thanks.

EDIT: apparently there's a conflict between Dropbox and iCloud for Windows; deleting the latter, Dropbox app works.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

alecot18
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
 if you have iCloud for Windows installed, try unistalling and re-installing it. In my case, the problem is solved.

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @alecot18, thanks for flagging this with us.

Out of curiosity, can you see if this also happens when using our latest, stable version of the app from this page?

Keep us posted!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

drprc
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I just tried this suggestion and installed the stable build.  I wasn't sure whether to install the standard installer or the offline installer (doesn't appear to be a 64 bit), so I tried both of them.  No difference.  It takes forever to open a small file; no difference as to what type of file they are all opening too slow to be acceptable. 

alecot18
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
 if you have iCloud for Windows installed, try unistalling and re-installing it. In my case, the problem is solved.

henrikv
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Icloud uninstall solved it for me. Thank you!

EM IN AZ
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!
After a few weeks of struggle, reaching out to Dropbox, and numerous searches for a solution - this has actually solved my issue! Just uninstall iCloud...

G Pal
New member | Level 2

Scrolling and search is very slow using keyboard Windows 10

An issue I have been experiencing while using Dropbox on my desktop computer running Windows 10.

The problem I've encountered involves a significant delay when using keyboard arrow keys for scrolling within the Dropbox folder. Additionally, the search function within Dropbox is also affected by this sluggish behaviour.

This issue has persisted for the past month and has started to impact my productivity. I would greatly appreciate your assistance in resolving this matter.

Could you please provide guidance or a solution to address this performance concern with Dropbox on Windows 10?

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @G Pal, thanks for bringing this to our attention. 

Can you please let us know your device's exact OS version and the version and status of the Dropbox desktop app installed there as shown in your system tray?

Does the issue go away if you quit the desktop app by the way? Do you have any 3rd party apps that could also be monitoring your files as well? 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

georgedim
New member | Level 2

This also worked for me! After hours of frustration... 

but how comes that these two interact?

ray5640
Explorer | Level 3
Hi I am experiencing the exactly same issue.

I do not have iCloud.

But it happens to me as well.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    ray5640 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?