cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to make sure we keep you updated on the ideas that other users have shared here on the Community? Us too! Check them out over here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask
Reply and help

Re: Word documents syncing as PDF

Word documents syncing as PDF

purscowe
Explorer | Level 3

Hi,

I've been using Dropbox successfully for years.  I have recently set up my daughter so that she has a folder for her school work and I have set up her laptop/desktop to sync with this folder.  Laptop is working fine but Desktop is syncing the documents but showing them all as PDF rather than word.  This causes problems with then opening and editing on the desktop.

Any suggestions?

3 Replies 3

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

@purscowe wrote:

...  I have recently set up my daughter so that she has a folder for her school work and I have set up her laptop/desktop to sync with this folder. ...

Hi @purscowe,

Is there any chance you (or your daughter, most probably 😁) have "unintentionally" setup automation for convert files to pdfs? 😉 If so, just wipe the automation out.

Hope this gives direction.

purscowe
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks for the suggestion. How can I do this?

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi again @purscowe,

For more info on automated folders (including remove automation), take a look here: https://help.dropbox.com/files-folders/sort-preview/dropbox-automations

Need more support?