cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We’ve covered lots of big life moments in our ‘How we use Dropbox’ series - and now we even have some tips on how you can use Dropbox to keep the planning of a wedding as easy and as painless as possible over here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: accidentally clicked "online only" on a huge folder.

accidentally clicked "online only" on a huge folder.

gusromanelli
New member | Level 2

Hi,

I accidentally clicked "online only" on a huge folder, right when I was about to copy the folder to a Hard Drive. it has about 1TB in size and I can't wait to download it back. I need the smart sync to stop and make whatever is already changed to online only back to local.

2 Replies 2

behzod
Super User

Try to switch selective syn ON for that folder you made online only. There is a chance the file is still in local "hidden" Dropbox cache (temp folder for recently deleted files). 

gusromanelli
New member | Level 2

My dropbox app is stuck syncing this files. I don't know if now that I have chose for the folder to be "Local" again it will read from the cache. but I seem to have found a folder about the size of what is now missing from the one I accidentally chose to sync online only

Screen Shot 2020-11-12 at 8.38.06 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-12 at 8.37.43 PM.png

Need more support?