cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: files not up-loading since new M1 Macbook Pro.

files not up-loading since new M1 Macbook Pro.

JoeBonici
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

So I just got a new M1 Macbook Pro and transferered my data from my old iMac but now I cannot successfully upload or retrieve files from folders. Is there some setting I need to check?

The uploaded files appear in my folders but not to folders of the people I sent them to and vice versa...files they send to me appear on their folders but not on mine.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

JoeBonici
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hello Megan, thank you!

Problem seems solved.  I migrated my files via backup using the mac migration assistant.

But that was not the issue.   When I started exploring based on your reply, I noticed there was no icon in my menu bar anymore. So I tried to open DB in my applications folder and nothing. So I kept on double-clicking and up pops the "Set-up-an-account Dialog" so I logged in and it said I had too many computers for my account level and gave me a choice of upgrading or which device I wanted to disable. So I selected the computer I no longer use and voila! File started syncing right away.  So thanks for your help and I apologize for failing to realize that my new computer was one too many devices for my account. So for the basic users out there who might be wondering, the limit is three.

Thanks again.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @JoeBonici, let's jump right into this! 

How did you transfer content from your old Macbook, to your iMac? Can you walk me through the process? 

Are you able to see the files when you visit your account online? Feel free to let me know your app's syncing status too.

Looking forward to your reply! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

JoeBonici
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hello Megan, thank you!

Problem seems solved.  I migrated my files via backup using the mac migration assistant.

But that was not the issue.   When I started exploring based on your reply, I noticed there was no icon in my menu bar anymore. So I tried to open DB in my applications folder and nothing. So I kept on double-clicking and up pops the "Set-up-an-account Dialog" so I logged in and it said I had too many computers for my account level and gave me a choice of upgrading or which device I wanted to disable. So I selected the computer I no longer use and voila! File started syncing right away.  So thanks for your help and I apologize for failing to realize that my new computer was one too many devices for my account. So for the basic users out there who might be wondering, the limit is three.

Thanks again.

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Amazing news @JoeBonici

Happy to see that your issue is now resolved. Have a lovely weekend ahead,enjoy! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?