cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you on accessibility tools and features for Dropbox - get involved in the conversation here.

About the Dropbox Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What your Community level means

What your Community level means

DBXCommunity
Community Manager
Have you recently become an Explorer, do people see you as Helpful or have you just moved into Legendary status? If you answered yes to any of these things, it’s highly likely that you are moving through the Dropbox Community’s Levels.

What are Levels?

Levels are a good way to understand how long and how active someone has been in the Community. They let us and fellow Community members know if the person they are talking to is brand new or a seasoned pro. This can help in a number of ways, it can validate information given, help to determine the level of detail needed in a response and inject a little bit of fun into getting involved in the Community. Levels can also unlock special features of your account, for example, once you reach Level 3, you’ll be able to upload you own image to use as an avatar.

How do I change level?

The only way is up! Going up levels is really simple, all you need to do, is be here, be involved and come back regularly! Doing things like starting conversations, replying to threads, liking other people’s comments, and just generally being an active member will have you flying up through the levels. You can see a full list of levels and how to get there in the table below.

Level    
What it means and what to do next! 

1 | 2
You’re new to the community - take a look around and say hello! 
Learn more about where to start and how things work in About the community.
Explorer
3 | 4
You’ve been here for a while and joined a conversation or two, but you’re mostly having a browse to find what you’re interested in. 
Tip: If you’ve made it to Explorer 4, congratulations! Try adding a custom avatar so we can get to know you!
Helpful
5 | 6 | 7
Thanks for helping others!
You’ve gotten involved in the conversation and other users like what you have to say.
You’ve might also have some accepted solutions and lots of likes under your belt. 
Why not share your Dropbox story so others can learn from you! 
Collaborator
8 | 9 | 10
You’ve been really active on the community and collaborating with other members. 
Keep joining conversations and helping other members.
You can also learn about or apply for our Super User program here
Experienced
11 | 12 | 13
You’ve been here for a while and have experience under your belt. 
We really appreciate your input on the Community and you’ve added a lot!
Try out Dropbox Education to sharpen up your knowledge and see what you can do next! 
Advanced
14 | 15 | 16
Helping others, offering solutions, sharing ideas and showing new members the way - is there anything you can’t do?!
Star
17 | 18 | 19
You’re a superstar! 
One of our community leaders, the only way is up for you! 
Legendary
You’ve reached the peak level, the highest summit! 
Teach us your ways and help others follow in your footsteps. 

How can I tell what Level I am on?

Finding out what level you are is really easy. There are two places where you can see your level, the first is directly under your Username. 

Graham_0-1697558576593.png

The second place you’ll find information on your level is on your profile page. Here, you’ll also be able to see your progress in your current level and how close you are to leveling up!

Graham_1-1697558576592.png

Tell us what you think?

Now that you know all about Level, we’d love to hear what you think about them. Whether your Collaborator or a Star, tell us your thoughts by leaving a comment below.

**Updated October 2023**

9 Replies 9

zainee
Helpful | Level 5

Hi there!

Thanks for such a informative post. I really liked dropbox community, for its active and jubliant response to get the issues solved. 

Regards

ch26
Helpful | Level 7

Hi Team

How this dropbox account user level and badges going to help??

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hi @ch26 - happy 2020!

I moved your post under this thread as I think it's the best way to address your inquiry. 

Take a look above when you get the chance and if you have any more questions, please let me know.

Thanks a bunch! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

ch26
Helpful | Level 7

Hi Walter

Happy 2020 🙂

This Thread was very helpful!!

Thanks

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Glad to hear this helped @ch26 (I wish I knew your name instead of your username here)!

Enjoy the rest of your day :slight_smile:

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

DrakadocDb
Helpful | Level 6

I've just received an email from Dropbox saying  "Your new rank is Explorer | Level 4".  What does that mean?  What is Explorer?

Rich
Super User II

@DrakadocDb wrote:

I've just received an email from Dropbox saying  "Your new rank is Explorer | Level 4".  What does that mean?  What is Explorer?

It's just your user level on the forums here. The more you post, the higher your user level, basically.

1b305f78fd4b31a25cab6891bb740189.png

DrakadocDb
Helpful | Level 6

Hi Rich,

I still don't understand what difference it makes as to what level I am at.  Is it a point system? Is there a goal that I should be trying to achieve?

Rich
Super User II

@DrakadocDb wrote:

I still don't understand what difference it makes as to what level I am at.  Is it a point system? Is there a goal that I should be trying to achieve?

It's just something that's built-in to the forum software. There are a couple of items that are linked to it, like the ability to upload photos with your posts at (I believe) level 3, but other than that, you don't need to worry about it. Most people through the normal use of this site won't need to bother with their user level.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    DrakadocDb Helpful | Level 6
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?