cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

What's new in Paper

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's new in Paper - January 2018

What's new in Paper - January 2018

AntonioC
Dropbox Staff
New
  • Launched a new presentation icon to quickly view your doc in presentation mode. You can find this icon inside a doc, to the left of the ellipsis (...) icon.
  • Refreshed the formatting toolbar that appears when you highlight text. The toolbar now includes buttons to highlight and strikethrough text.
  • Refreshed the insert menu to make it easier to add images, files from Dropbox, and content from third-party apps. You’ll see this menu on the right side of a Paper doc.
  • Added ability to archive docs on iOS
  • Reduced the app bundle size of the mobile apps

Fixed
  • Fixed an iOS issue where the doc would jump around while selecting text
  • Fixed an issue with downloading Paper docs to Markdown
  • Under-the-hood performance improvements
16 Replies 16

fellow6
New member | Level 2

Since the update yesterday, drag and drop is not working. It is a must have feature. Please fix.

dsi
Helpful | Level 5

Can someone from the dropbox team update the community about the feature to link or logically link dropbox core and dropbox paper directory structures?  This has been a heavily requested feature for sometime. Organizations that use the dropbox filesystem as an organizational structure won't adopt paper as a separate structure.  An update from the team would be helpful, or at least an explanation of why this doesn't make sense for the future direction of paper?  Thank you. 

Ivs P.
New member | Level 2

Hi quite surprised to see that the title of Paper is not alignable... going crazy

AntonioC
Dropbox Staff

@dsi â€” thanks for the feedback! Combining the organizational structure for Paper and Dropbox is one of our most popular feature requests, and the Paper team is aware and actively working on solving this problem. Note that this is a complex problem to solve — it’ll take time for us to thoughtfully solve this for all our users. While we can’t provide a timeline for when this will launch, we’ll post an update for our community users when we have more information.

AntonioC
Dropbox Staff

@Ivs P. â€” thanks for the feedback! It currently isn't possible to align text in a Paper doc (including the title). I'll pass this on to the development team.

AntonioC
Dropbox Staff

@fellow6 â€” could you press the "?" in any Paper doc and fill out the form to submit a ticket to us, so we can troubleshoot further with your account? If you can include screenshots of any error messages you see, that'd be useful.

yeremyjt
Explorer | Level 4
Although it wasn't included in this January 2018 update, I like that now I can view docs inside a fodler by "Recently viewed" and "Alphabetical". I really like that. However, it's not quite complete until we can sort documents by "Date created" and "Last updated". Basically, more sorting options by date would be really nice. Thanks!

paddymann
Helpful | Level 5

I'm really disliking the way it sorts by "Recently viewed" as the default, and it resets to this as you move about the directory tree.

This makes sense for new users that haven't arranged the content. But we have hundreds (if not thousands) of documents thoughtfully arranged and not sorting alphabetically is causing a lot of headaches :'(

Ivs P.
New member | Level 2

This is what makes us like dropbox, I am the user and promoter of dropbox from day one onwards... i love the way have grown out of proportion and the consistent quality you maintain... keep it up and may be you can do one greatest help to make it possible for us to get hosting friendly image links to use our stored images and other assets, even it means a little more price.. because we want to use drop box as all in one cloud solution.. please help

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Royi Helpful | Level 6
    Hngkngflwr New member | Level 2
    AntonioC Dropbox Staff
    Scott N.15 Collaborator | Level 9
    Regularuser42 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?