cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: download large file using browser fails before end

download large file using browser fails before end

jeff m.50
New member | Level 1

Using Firefox have downloaded 7.4GB of a 7.9GB file. Resume continues the process and shows the duration remaining but after a few minutes it stops again with message "Failed - dropbox.com". Have repeated this for many days with no improvement. The target folder shows <file-name>.part file with 7.49GB size. During the resume the <file-name> shows with zero size. Have tried with IE also but with similar results. Am downloading to a local drive to avoid any LAN issues.

Can anyone advise how to solve this problem and download the whole file please?

Thanks.

35 Replies 35

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Hey @Ash123, kindly note that this discussion here has been inactive for a while. While it would be worth trying to re-download once through an incognito window/in private browsing window to see if you're getting the same results regardless, I’m wondering if the content is either more than 20 GB in total size or it contains more than 10,000 total files. As an additional step, would you mind clearing your browser's cache on this device & see if this does the trick for you this time? 

From there, kindly note that I ran a search on our system, I located your open Support request there & I could see that my colleague replied back to you a few hours after you posted us here. As I understand that you’d need some additional assistance, I’ve made sure to include a copy of your comments on your ongoing correspondence & I’ve increased your support priority internally. 

Please include all relevant details on that email chain or ping me back here with a screenshot of any error/diagnostic messages you’re getting on your end & rest assured that we’ll do their best to follow-up on the matter. 

I hope that this is helpful to you Ash; please let me know how you’d like us to proceed here! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Ash123
New member | Level 2

Hey, as per your requested way I have cleared all cache & tried download with many other browsers. but still facing same issue 😞

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for looping back to me & letting me know of the outcome @Ash123! I can see that my colleague has reached back our to you with a set of troubleshooting steps & they’re awaiting your next message. Have you seen their last reply by any chance? If so, please include all relevant details on that correspondence as they’d need this info in order to further investigate this discrepancy. 

Nonetheless, please let me know here if you haven’t located their latest reply & l make sure to promptly follow-up with you asap. Thanks again for your ongoing cooperation Ash!

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

priya_kapoor
New member | Level 2

I am having the same issues and its quite urgent that Idownload my files immediately within the next week. 

Can someone please help? And once you've actually come up with a solution can you post it online somewhere easily accessible to people? Reverting back to this post is really ridiculous.

vsarpe
New member | Level 2

Same exact issue. The download fails at the very last second. The zip is only 1.8GB large with 12 files inside.

Super frustrating to wait through an entire multiple GB download only to fail at the end. When you press "Resume" it just restarts the download from 0. Dropbox is super frustrating to use at times.

Daphne
Dropbox Staff

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this @vsarpe!

Are you getting any errors for the download? If so, please send me a screenshot of this (excluding any personal info).

Also, do you have the same issue when using an incognito window, or another web browser?

Let me know how it goes!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Need more support?