cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the best method to allow external members to upload into a team folder?

What's the best method to allow external members to upload into a team folder?

Team_Leader
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Volunteer Team Folder

I have a number of volunteers that take photos for me, they then need to give me those photos to do post production on and use for other creative content.

These volunteers are not part of my dropbox team members account.

They may or may not have a personal dropbox account.

We do not want the content of the shared repository syncing back to the contributor.

How can I best share a folder with them that they can add/upload/contribute content into (i.e add files into) that is then accessible in my teams account file area ?

Please help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Use a File Request. No account needed for the uploader, and they can't access the folder other than to upload files.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Use a File Request. No account needed for the uploader, and they can't access the folder other than to upload files.

TaydraMitchellJackson
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Rich,

I have a related question.  I have almost 2TB of space in my DB account, but when I send a link for someone to upload a file, it's limiting the size of the file to less than 2GB.  I don't see anything that says there is a size restriction for uploads...is there?

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @TaydraMitchellJackson; thanks for joining the Dropbox Community and happy Friday!

I'm sorry to jump in here; but if I understand correctly, you must be on our Plus plan since this plan comes with 2 TB of space. As our plans page mentions, file requests can be up to 2 GB on that plan.

If you need others to upload larger amounts of data to your account (without the need to have an account of their own), you might want to consider upgrading to the Professional plan since file requests on that plan can be up to 100 GB. 

I hope this helps! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    TaydraMitchellJackson New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?