cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How can I relink an existing device while over the 3 device limit?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I started to experience problems/dependency serious issues with the Dropbox app running on my Linux laptop. It was nightmarish. Finally I managed to fix it. However, now it wants me to relink the back to Dropbox, which I can't do without deleting some of the already linked devices. I mean, it was running running fine before, but now it does not without relinking and deleting some of the devices? That's extremely unfair due to the fact that the problem seems to be the Dropbox Linux app with dated dependency information that started causing problems. Please let me to relink my laptop again with my Dropbox account without deleting my devices!

pilt2(1).jpg

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: How can I relink an existing device while over the 3 device limit?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @Maddox, thanks for posting on the Community.

According to the image, you’re already over the 3 device limit. If you uninstall the Dropbox desktop application from one of these devices, and then try to reinstall it, you’ll be prompted to remove any unused devices.

Currently, there isn’t a way to relink an existing device if it has already been unlinked from the account. Reinstalling the app after uninstalling it would count as a new device.

I hope this helps to clarify matters.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?