cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Smart Sync - Windows Explorer Search Not Working

Smart Sync - Windows Explorer Search Not Working

bwhight
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I am testing Smart Sync for our team.  All fine but when files are 'Online Only', Windows Explorer search can't fined them.  I have tried a few PCs in our team and all have the same problem, so I dont think it is an individual PC issue.  We are all running Windows 10.  Any ideas?

55 Replies 55

Jeffrey S.31
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi,

Has this issue been resolved? We are having the same problem on Windows 10 machines as well.

Thank you.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Have you tried installing the most recent versions of Dropbox to see if that helps?

www.dropbox.com/downloading

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

universlman
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I have been struggling with this issue for years with XP & 7. This is the best description and demonstration by Lee that I have seen for a problem that is mostly bewildering the various communities, who mostly act like they do not really understand the problem. Why should searching in Google (the whole world) take a fraction of a second, and searching my hard drive in Windows takes up to ten minutes or more - and misses most files searched for - indexed or not??

peterlvilim
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey everyone!

I'm an engineer at Dropbox. We are aware of an issue with Windows 10 that causes this behavior and are actively investigating it. Stay tuned here for updates.

Jason9
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Looks like this problem has been investigated for 4 weeks.  Any news?

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey Jason9, I’ll make sure to update the thread here once I have news on the progress of the matter internally, thanks for checking in with us on the Dropbox Forum on the progress of the investigation! 

In any event, I’ve made sure to transfer your comments on to our team experts, though please don’t hesitate to get back in touch with us at any time in case you’d like to share your thoughts or you’d need further assistance. Cheers! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

brianchris
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Just verifying there is no solution to this problem yet, correct? Thanks!

SteveWeston
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
If there is another thread tracking this, would you please let the community know the status of this? It is still occurring in our Windows 10 installation of Dropbox.

mills
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Has this been updated or solved? I'm still having the same problem where Windows 10 is not able to search Online-Only files in Explorer. I also rebuilt the indexed locations and confirmed Dropbox is listed.

Thank you

grahamaikman
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Youve probably got indexing switched off, "control panel" search for indexing "then rebuild index" or tick "index this drive" where your dropbox is located

Need more support?