cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't add row or columns!

Can't add row or columns!

complusrad
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I can't add rows or columns. https://cl.ly/iTHe  Every now and then it'll add one when I click the plus sign, but 9/10 it doesn't work. It also doesn't let me bulk add, and is tedious to do one by one. Is there a way to also have a sticky heading for the table like in Google Sheets or Excel for even as the person scrolls down in the table, the heading stays put! 

Thanks,

Joanna

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

ComBibUdeM
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

It's Chrome 57.0.2987.133

When I click on the + sign, nothing happens.  I have many plugins, and maybe one interferes, but I use them, so I don't want to put them off. 

I used Windows Explorer instead and it worked just fine. 

Thanks

View solution in original post

Sanchez
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey ComBibUdeM, 

There was a recent issue with Chrome 57 not working properly with our website that you may want to try. See this thread’s solution http://bit.ly/2oksOUY

In short, there are some incompatibilities with Chrome’s new beta features and our website, and this user’s solution may be worth a try. 

I hope this helps! 

Let me know.
Thanks

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

justinstern
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I'm having the same issue (unable or at least very sporadically able to add rows/columns to a table). I'm facing this on macOS Sierra, across the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. Resetting the chrome beta flags as suggested by others does nothing. Dropbox support was zero help when I got in touch.

I have found a workaround however that could be helpful to others:

1. copy your table from your paper doc and paste into a simple text editor, and you'll get the underlying github flavored markdown table structure, e.g.:

| Col A | Col B | Col C |
| ----- | ----- | ----- |
| one   | two   | three |
|       |       |       |
|       |       |       |

2. Within your text editor, add whatever rows/columns you want.

3. Copy and paste that raw text back into your Paper doc, replacing your broken table.

It's not the most wonderful editing experience, in what in pretty much all other respects is my current favorite text editor, but it gets the job done

14 Replies 14

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Brill video Joanna,

Just to help the team though what OS / browser and versions for both is this on?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

complusrad
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Tested on both Firefox and Safari!

complusrad
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Safari 10.0.1 and Firefox 50.1

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
And the OS.... ?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

dsavoie
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have the same exact problem right now. Can't add rows or columns in a table I created. I'm using Google Chrome on Windows 10. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

dsavoie
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

But it does work on Microsoft Edge. However, I initially created the table in Chrome without issue.

EDIT : On Edge, zooming on an image included in a gallery of 2 images is glitchy and doesn't always work. I sometimes have to click multiple times on the image for it to zoom properly (magnifier with + sign).

ComBibUdeM
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Same issue with Chrome.

Sanchez
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey ComBibUdeM, 

What operating system are you using? What version of Chrome do you have? 

Can you tell me what is happening when you try to add a row or column? 

You may check to see if there are any plugins that are interfering.

Also, here’s our page on formatting a Paper doc https://www.dropbox.com/help/9173.

Thanks

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

ComBibUdeM
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

It's Chrome 57.0.2987.133

When I click on the + sign, nothing happens.  I have many plugins, and maybe one interferes, but I use them, so I don't want to put them off. 

I used Windows Explorer instead and it worked just fine. 

Thanks

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Zed Dropbox Staff
    justinstern New member | Level 2
    Sanchez Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?