cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Product Updates

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The new Dropbox website

The new Dropbox website

Ed
Dropbox Staff

Website design update

Available to a sub-set of users and to some business teams as an early access feature

We’re launching a new design on Dropbox.com. Below are some of the changes happening to it:
  • “Events” has been moved to a new location but you can still access this by going to https://www.dropbox.com/events 
  • “Links” has been moved to a new location. It can now be found under the Sharing” tab.
  • The Events page no longer has an RSS feed.
  • Right click has been disabled. Instead you will be able to select checkboxes next to the files.
  • If you have a Business and Personal account, switching between them is much easier now
  • Action options (like upload, make a new folder, delete, rename, etc) are now in a persistent column on the right
  • The account name is now displayed after clicking on the account profile picture.
  • The general aesthetic of the website has been updated:

To learn more about our new Dropbox.com page, visit: https://www.dropbox.com/help/9295

• Please note: If you do not see the new website design you will not be able to opt-in during the early access period. At this time, the redesign is available only to certain Dropbox users as part of an early release.

If you have questions or feedback abou the new dropbox.com, please comment below.

15 Replies 15

spongeworthy
New member | Level 2

It's now impossible to see the file size on files without a workaround involving Version History. Why can't there just be a Size column?

csevans8
Helpful | Level 5

Overall I think the new design is nice. It's cleaner and easy for me to navigate. My only request would be for the account menu to once again display the total size of our dropbox files (for example, 500gb of 1 tb used). That used to be listed in the account menu and I thought it was a very handy way to keep track of how much space we still had remaining. Interestingly enough, on the post explaining the changes and in the help section the account menu still displays this info. If that could be returned to the main dropbox area where our files are displayed, I think it would continue to be very useful.

Thanks for your time.

daxliniere
New member | Level 2

FFS! Filesize gone, total space used gone, checkboxes can't be disabled. Dropbox is an airhead; looks pretty, but lacks basic functionality.

Yes, we know why you removed the file space things; it forces people to pay for your service, which has declined and declined over the years.
MEGA, here I come.

BrianH
New member | Level 2

I'm not a fan of the new design if I'm honest... It looks "too big" first of all, looks cluttered on the right (okay it looked better after I closed the box about trying Dropbox Business), and having the share button appear partially overlapped with members just looks wrong, like a mistake in the CSS, also adding to cluttered feel.

Also I miss the space used vs available that feels like it's always been available my account name.

For that matter where is my account name?? Sure there is still that icon but I preferred the look with the name and the little triangle to help indicate there was a menu there.

I am very glad I can opt-out for now... or more accurately un-opt-in to something I didn't opt-in for in the first place...

RichardDBX
Dropbox Staff

Hi @spongeworthy – just a heads up that you can click the "Members" column header to swap what it displays. If you click it a couple of times, it will show file size. 

nstaal
New member | Level 2

For the most part, the new design is fresh and clean. Nice work. One request though... The ability to navigate up levels in the folders is missing. The breadcrumbs are available when you are directly in your dropbox, but if someone shares you a link, and it has multiple folders the UI changes and there are no breadcrumbs. Upon clicking nested folders, there is no way to go back without clicking the browser back button.

rushfan
Explorer | Level 4

Why is right-click disabled?

This seems a pretty stupid decision to me, because now I need a mouse movement and I have a smaller action area to click, very far away from the checkboxes.

Before, I could just hover over and select a file, and use my mouse to right click and do things.

Now, to do the same action, I have a small area.

Why does everybody these days hate right-clicking? 

How can I go back to the old website?

Joseph C.23
Collaborator | Level 9

I've been asking myself that very same question since the day the new site launched. I stopped asking a long time ago.

csevans8
Helpful | Level 5

Just wanted to drop back in to say thank you for adding our dropbox usage back on the menu. I just went to sign out and saw the total storage size of my files where it always used to be. Thank you.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Joseph C.23 Collaborator | Level 9
    indey New member | Level 2
    Marie H.13 New member | Level 2
    Bonnie K.4 Collaborator | Level 9
    MadameSmarty New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?