cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Hosting Images

Can no longer host images using Dropbox?

GDGerlach344
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I've been hosting an image for my PayPal checkout banner using the Public folder but today it is no longer showing up on PayPal. I assume that's because the Public folders are no longer actually public. I tried moving the image file over to another folder and set the permissions to "anyone with the link" can view it. I copied the link but PayPal is rejecting it, probably because the file name ends with .jpg?dl=0 instead of simply .jpg. PayPal requires that the image be hosted on a secure server; that's why I had been using Dropbox to achieve this. What can I do to make it work again?

14 Replies 14

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Please see what Rich said, or, the link I posted with work arounds.

If those do not work Kasimir then I'm afraid there is no work around. Note that Dropbox simply isnt a hosting tool and so shouldnt be expected to work as one.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Kasimir
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
To share a picture in a forum, you need a clean ending (.png or .jpg ...). Dropbox loses one of the most useful functions;
Easily deploy files.

Tomiz
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Note that Dropbox simply isnt a hosting tool and so shouldnt be expected to work as one.

I've been using dropbox for 5-6 years now, for that exact purpose... hosting files, files that are mainly images, that I like to show on different sites, forums etc. Hundreds of pictures, tens of different sites.. No more.

Seeing how things are now, there's no real reason for me to use dropbox anymore. What a shame. :cry:

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Kasimir wrote:
To share a picture in a forum, you need a clean ending (.png or .jpg ...).

No, you don't, at least not on most sites. There are some forum packages that may require it, but most that I post on do not.

The image below is coming from a share link in my Dropbox account, using the ?raw=1 parameter.

Kasimir
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

And this works in any forum? I don't think so... This is user annoy ...

:unamused:

Need more support?