cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I multiselect photos? Which key do I press?

How can I multiselect photos? Which key do I press?

debbieb
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Holding down the shift key no longer works to select multiple photos at one time.  I've also tried the control key.  How can I do this process without having to check each photo individually?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution
You're shift-clicking on the actual check boxes, and not the files themselves, correct? You can no longer click on the files. You have to use the check boxes.

If shift-clicking on the check box is not working, clear your browser's cache/browsing history and try again, or try another browser.

View solution in original post

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey Debbie, if you're referring to photos as seen in the Photos page, then it isn't possible to select multiple photos using the Shift key.

The functionality is still possible from the normal 'My files' page.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution
If you're referring to the Dropbox website, click one check box to the left of a file, then shift-click the next check box.

debbieb
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

As I mentioned in my original post, using the shift key does NOT work.  I can still only click on one photo at a time.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution
You're shift-clicking on the actual check boxes, and not the files themselves, correct? You can no longer click on the files. You have to use the check boxes.

If shift-clicking on the check box is not working, clear your browser's cache/browsing history and try again, or try another browser.

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey Debbie, if you're referring to photos as seen in the Photos page, then it isn't possible to select multiple photos using the Shift key.

The functionality is still possible from the normal 'My files' page.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Alec
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Shift click only works in List format. When in Grid format shift click does not work, and this is incredibly frustrating. It's easier to see what you're selecting in Grid format when dealing with imagery, but either way you shouldn't have to switch back to List just to make a Shift click selection.

Theodore B.3
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Between this and the way Dropbox summarily killed two of my favorite apps, I've finally had it with the service. After spending so much time trying to get people to use it their Camera Upload service, they seem to now be hellbent on driving people away from it. The photo UI is far inferior to what it once was.

I'm not renewing when my subscription runs out. Not when there are so many better options available these days.

Gusty600
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I’m having the same problem with the iPad app. Is there an easy solution so I can select multiple pictures to share at once? Using shift in isn’t working in file view either. 

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi there @Gusty600

Currently, there’s no option to share individual photos/files at the same time. You can share each photo individually or share the folder that they are in. 

However, I also wanted to mention that if you want to select multiple files using the mobile app, you can do so by following the steps below:
  1. Open your mobile app. 
  2. Navigate to Files
  3. Tap on the icon on the top right-hand corner of your screen which looks like a box with a check-mark.
  4. Select the photos you want.
Let me know if you have any other questions!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Upnorthhome
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I check multiple photos on Iphone select export and it shows up as data no photos
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropbox Staff
    Upnorthhome New member | Level 2
    Gusty600 New member | Level 2
    Theodore B.3 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?