cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

couldn't save content Please check your internet connection and refresh the page

couldn't save content Please check your internet connection and refresh the page

Chad D.2
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Online ANYWHERE and I get the following error when trying to share from Safari is iOS10 "couldn't save content Please check your internet connection and refresh the page"

This hapens on any network.

iPad V5 32gb with AT@T

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sanchez
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey Chad D.2, 

Can you see if this happens in other browsers, like Chrome or Firefox, and let me know? 

Thanks!

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

View solution in original post

20 Replies 20

Sanchez
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey Chad D.2, 

Can you see if this happens in other browsers, like Chrome or Firefox, and let me know? 

Thanks!

Sanchez
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

Chad D.2
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

It does NOT happen in Chrome. It appears Dropbox is not integrated with Firefox. I can use Chrome for the time being and am happy to help with any troubleshooting in Safari. Thanks for the suggestion.

Chad D.2
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Chrome is not integrated with Dropbox on the ipad as far as I can tell so the work around will not work. Furthermore, it apepars this ONLY happens with a PDF, not a simple website. So when i try to save a webpage to Dropbox it works fine but when I try to save a PDF it gives the error.

Chad D.2
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Allow me to complicate it more. If I choose the page with up arrow in the upper right corner, and select save to Dropbox I get the error. if I allow the "more" to pop up on the upper left corner, the save to Dropbox function works.

Modoc69
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
I experience exactly the same issue. In addition now with IOS 11 the “More” option is not available anymore and therefore if I use the arrow on the bottom of the screen I have always the issue.

Sanchez
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey guys, just checking in with you. There have been some updates recently, both to our app and to iOS. Can you check to make sure that you’re updated to our latest stable version 36.4.22, and to iOS 11.0.3, and let me know how things work out? 

Thanks! 

Sanchez
dropbox.com/support

Kirk2k
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I’ve been using an iPad Pro with iOS 11 and getting increasingly annoyed with not being able to save the contents of web  based pdf file to Dropbox due to ‘couldn’t save contents’ message.  In Safari, not Chrome, I found in the share menu (box with up arrow) a button called “Create PDF”.  I’m not sure if this is a feature of iOS 11 or something added from one othe numerous pdf apps I’ve tried, but in any event, by  using this button to create a pdf I am then able to go back to the share button and save to Dropbox without a problem.  

I suspect the cause of the problem could be the opened pdf document is reformatted for the screen and is not recognizable as a pdf when trying to be saved to Dropbox.  I’m sure someone else can determine that and correct for a future update.  

RBoy
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Did Dropbox ever resolve this issue? Pretty pathetic since I can save to files and everything else except Dropbox won’t recognize the pdf file in Safari in iOS 12. Kinda useless to have this app if I can’t save stuff to my account. Google drive is better. It works!

RBoy
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
As a workaround copy to Dropbox works but not save to Dropbox. Painful but a temp solution till Dropbox can get its act together.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jumme New member | Level 2
    KBooz New member | Level 2
    Errol S. Helpful | Level 5
    Pixonti New member | Level 2
    connorhawke Collaborator | Level 8
What do Dropbox user levels mean?