cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting licenses

Deleting licenses

David L.6
New member | Level 1

Is way to difficult and convoluted and took much more time than it should have. This is the worst experience I've had with Dropbox. You normally make things easy. This was a pain in the ass, and for no good reason. I have deleted members months ago, didn't re-assign their licenses and was continuing to get charged. So I wanted to reduce the licenses. It was damn hard to find the way to do this. You should present the links in the same place as the delete team members location......very annoying

28 Replies 28

Orla
Dropbox Staff

Hi David, how you delete licences depends on what kind of subscription you have, annual or monthly. If you have an annual subscription you can reduce licenses 30 days before your next renewal by clicking the "renew now" button on the Account page of your admin console. If you have a monthly account you can do this at any time during your month and your licenses will be charged at the correct amount the next month.

Huub W.
New member | Level 1

This is indeed the worst dropbox experience ever. You can find the button 'add licenses' everywhere, but nowhere where to remove licenses. And if you have unused licenses like we do it is not possible to see what the end date is and if they will actually end! If this does not improve we will switch to Microsoft onedrive or Google drive.

Jean-Philippe R1
New member | Level 1

Hey guys,

I have the same problem, I want to delete a licenses (I have 6 and only use 5 of them). How / Where do I remove a license ? 

Jai B.1
New member | Level 1

Guys - any help on how to remove licenses? We have unused licenses and I can't find the remove button anywhere.

This is a TERRIBLE approach by Dropbox and will force people to switch away from them. Please learn something from Netflix and make a prominent button that people can click to remove licenses. Transparency is the best approach.

Mark
Super User II

A very quick look in the help section gives you - https://www.dropbox.com/help/7238?path=dropbox_for_business 

Note that you can only update at renewal. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Jai B.1
New member | Level 1

I don't understand - we are on a month-to month plan for business. We have 2 unused licenses. When I can I remove them. Also - when I click the reduce licenses link - I get some text I can't read. See attached image. Very confused! Please help.></p>

Mark
Super User II

Tried a different browser?

Made sure it doesn't take you below the 5 minimum requirement?

If so to both you are going to need to contact support either via www.dropbox.com/support or the phone numbers in your Admin panel. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Jon (.
New member | Level 1

Agree with the community. Should be able to delete users at any time, even if on an annual plan.

Etiënne L.
New member | Level 1

NOT COOL DROPBOX!!!!! I hate this so much when companies make it so hard to remove or delete a license/account whatever. GROW UP!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Energy New member | Level 2
    Peter G.73 New member | Level 1
    Hello K. New member | Level 1
    Rob A.3 New member | Level 1
    craig b.16 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?